A messaging system for comments

weichi

A messaging system for comments

Post by weichi »

Many questions raised in the comments of questions are left unanswered. Perhaps this is because people feel that users who asked questions would not be informed of the follow-up comments, so they do not want to waste time typing the answers.

I would like to suggest Adam develop a messaging system for the comments. Whenever users type "@****" in their comments, where **** is the username of another user, the mentioned user would receive a notification and a link to the comment. I believe this will greatly stimulate the interaction between users and the maintenance of problems.
KTX-CRH

Re: A messaging system for comments

Post by KTX-CRH »

If you think writting comments is waste, using this site is also getting waste in your brain... What do you wanna say? If you feel something waste in this site, DON'T COME ANYMORE!!!COMPLAINING IS JUST A PLAIN ANNOYING!!!...And commenting system is good enough. If you don't like, don't use.
aik

Post by aik »

I agree with weichi. In your other post you asked how to make this site more popular and I think that what weiqi has suggested would be a significant improvement. Also, it wouldn't harm to go further and implement something like a little social network to let users message each other.
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

i think that's a good suggestion. however, most of the time it's really the problem creator that needs to read the comments. i need a better system of raising them up.
aik

Post by aik »

Something like a dashboard with overview of the problems would be useful. I've added 15 problems so far and from time to time I have to go thru them one by one to see if comments were added.
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

yeah, that woudl be good!