Wrong problems

mermeladeK

Wrong problems

Post by mermeladeK »

Hi,

I am 2k EGF and I have been practicing with go problems for a short time.

I like goproblems.com since it is the best, fastests and easiest site to practice tsumegos and other stuff. HOWEVER, I sadly found that there are problems that are wrong or do not contemplate good solutions. This is a little frustrating because it means goproblems is not as serious as I thought and that I cannot rely on the solutions, hence it is sometimes not the best place to learn.

I've commented hoping to see the problems corrected but what I just realized that mostly nobody cares about it (I guess the authors). So I strongly believe there should be a way to make this happen. Seing a problem with a wrong solution, stating that white can wins when it is false... ehem. I also found problems where the error had been found ages ago but someone else and nothing has changed yet.

Is this gonna change or I will have to look for another problem source?

List of problems with errors I found:
3303, 3732, 9973

Thanks,

Nil
santa c

Re: Wrong problems

Post by santa c »

well actually -
#3303 is fixed :) only took 4 years, cheer up! :)
#3732 has my idea of the groups status and as for
#9973 you're right... how much time did it take to update it? :)

ppl make problems, ppl make mistakes - it's up to ppl like you and me to comment and suggest other vars...
adum actually said in another thread that he's planning on adding a flag feature to flag duplicates and other problems which need attention...
mermeladeK

Post by mermeladeK »

Hi Santa C,

Yes you are right. It's up to people, but it would be cool to have some kind of interface feature that would speed this up.

Thanks!!
santa c wrote:well actually -
#3303 is fixed :) only took 4 years, cheer up! :)
#3732 has my idea of the groups status and as for
#9973 you're right... how much time did it take to update it? :)

ppl make problems, ppl make mistakes - it's up to ppl like you and me to comment and suggest other vars...
adum actually said in another thread that he's planning on adding a flag feature to flag duplicates and other problems which need attention...
xdler

Post by xdler »

I think i found a problem that dosnt works
Im 16 k but this problem did not work if i try it....10273
Dosnt matter what i try the white group was dead if black play it right^^