Dublicate problems

Kalmatsuh

Dublicate problems

Post by Kalmatsuh »

As some have already noticed I have posted a lot of dublicate problems. The reason I do not check the problems is because it is a bit too much work for me. I just wanna post problems or solve them. Now if somebody posts the number for the same problem I will take it off. Now I do not think this hurts the site at all if I keep on doing this. So what if the there are two exactly the same problems? It still helps your go . Also do not question me with the old saying "If everybody did what you do". Not everyone is going to do it. That simple.
kaf

Re: Dublicate problems

Post by kaf »

So, you're saying, - "I've got no time to check on duplicates, - let moderators waste their time doing that for me". Well, I guess, a moderator would say, - "neither I've got time to waste. Why can't I just remove all his new problems without proper checking?" ;)
santa c

Post by santa c »

although i'm flooding a little as well... :roll:

some of us hardly have any time to dedicate to messing around with problems (i for one have restricted net access),
out of it, the time we have to to actually be here -
do you think it's better spent making new problems/ correcting older ones, or searching for duplicates?
it may not seem like much to you but many are marked duplicate without any explanation or any reason... it's horrible...

(same goes with marking problems as needs fixing without explanation... it's a horrible waste of time...)
kaf

Post by kaf »

it may not seem like much to you but many are marked duplicate without any explanation or any reason... it's horrible...

(same goes with marking problems as needs fixing without explanation... it's a horrible waste of time...)
Do you mean flags, which users set, or moderator's comments, santa?
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

i intended the flagging system to be a rough guide to a problem. in other words, i wouldn't take a single flag or even a couple too seriously. i would want to see that a problem has been marked as a duplicate or invalid by a bunch of people before worrying about it. that's why they're sorted by how many people have flagged...
kaf

Post by kaf »

I think, "flags" idea is great. So-far it works fine.
inextremis

Post by inextremis »

Flags are a great idea. I agree that comments make it much easier to mod problems efficiently (moderators have to redo all the original efforts of finding errors).

Regarding duplicates, how similar must a problem be to warrant a "duplicate" flag?