Spamming Problems

Bleedo

Spamming Problems

Post by Bleedo »

So, I recently noticed this new problem submitter who posted a bunch of problems: ‚¦‚¢‚² and ‚ ‚¢‚¤

I've seen people dump problems before but this guy is a special case. A couple of his problems have been invalid (e.g. 13023) or highly flawed and all of his problems lack a lot of variations. Anybody know who this guy is? I mean, there should be a limit to how much problems you can post so that people are forced to work on their problems more. Some of his problems are fairly valid and only need a few more branches and it'd be fine. But others like 13198 (only ONE incorrect variation) has some pretty odd kinks in it.
tails

Re: Spamming Problems

Post by tails »

I don't know who they are, but I guess that they are Japanese children by their names, and that they can't read/write English. I think I can communicate with them (in that I am also a Japanese) if needed, but what should we actually do?
Bleedo

Post by Bleedo »

Bleedo wrote:...there should be a limit to how much problems you can post so that people are forced to work on their problems more.
mal

Post by mal »

I think this is above all a communication issue. I posted a comment, in English, on one of their problems a week or two ago. Which of them it was I could not say. They took it down. When it reappeared they had followed my advice, though maybe not in the absolutely best way.

To summarise:
"Do not make people play out ladders to the end."
"Since this is a joseki problem it would be helpful to have a best solution for both sides."

The contributor responded well to the first point, but may have gotten muddled over the second one. I guess they want to put good problems on the site, but they don't have much guidance as to what is required.

aha, original problem number13147, followup problem number 13182
tails

Post by tails »

I agree, it' a communication issue. We must think about how to improve it.

OK, first I'll translate the addintro.php page. That may be a bit too indirect approach, but I hope it will make things better. The page contains a good guideline, but it is provided only in English now.

By the way, problem 13182 was posted by yet another user.