Random 'Next problem' selection bugs

BartTM

Random 'Next problem' selection bugs

Post by BartTM »

When I click on the 'Volgende' (next problem) button I often get problems I've seen shortly before, even thrice.

New, and strange, is that it also selects recently deactivated problems like 2010.
As if it is basing the problem selection on an outdated list of problems and problem tries...
adum
Site Admin

Re: Random 'Next problem' selection bugs

Post by adum »

hmmn, okay thanks. i'll take a look
BartTM

Post by BartTM »

Not only does it show removed problems, it also does not take in account problems that I've seen recently.

it just chose http://goproblems.com/prob.php3?id=7638&undead=1
I got that same problem yesterday. As it had some Needs fixing and Invalid tags I tried to edit and improve, but found it was hard to get it really right in a satisfactory way.
So I sandboxed it.

So there were 2 reasons why it should not be chosen; I've seen it only yesterday and it is no longer active. Yet it did show up again.

In fact most of the problems I get I've seen only recently, instead of the thousands I have not seen in years - or ever.
It takes the fun out of using the Next problem feature.
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

okay, i think i've fixed two key bugs in the Next problem button. first, it should be smarter about not showing deactivated problems, and second about showing new problems. let me know if you still have trouble!
BartTM

Post by BartTM »

Seems OK now, thanks!