Deleted problem--unsure reason

Jamie S.

Deleted problem--unsure reason

Post by Jamie S. »

Hi,

I published my second problem today, and edited it once after reading two comments. However, I left for about an hour, came back and it had totally disappeared from the site.

I plugged in fragments of the problem into the graphic search which turned back results quite unlike my problem. I then plugged in the core conflict (minus some pieces, even) which turned up absolutely none. This leads me to wonder how it's possible that I could have created a duplicate to be removed...

In addition, it could have been heavily flawed. I spent a long time on it, figuring out possibilities and elaborating on possible mistakes/successes, but I'm a humble 20-18 kyu player and I might have messed up. Would it then have been put in my sandbox? Secondly, what IS a sandbox? Both the instructions that I think might tell me that and the sandbox itself aren't working! XD

Explanations of what I was doing wrong/what happened?

Thanks much.

----------------------
...Windfoxj (Jamie S.)
http://goproblems.com/user/userpublic.php?uid=23321
----------------------
" >_< "

- Gen'an Inseki, 1846

{Posted by Jamie S.}
Field Mouse

Deleting problems

Post by Field Mouse »

Hello Jamie,

some time ago it was possible to put problems in the sandbox so you could play with them, but the problem didnt appear to the other players.
It was also possible to look at the deactivated problems and edit them and reactivate.

But times have changed and now it seems that putting problem into sandbox or deactivating it just equals to the deletion and there is no way to get that problem back.

If your problem was deleted it could be done by some editor, who thought that your problem was too wrong or duplicate. Unfortunately some editors prefer deleting the problem instead of leaving a few comments with advices how to fix it.

This thing sometimes happens but dont be afraid, keep making goproblems and you will once become editor yourself! :-)

~~~(___*>
Field Mouse

{Posted by Field Mouse}
Jamie S.

...now what?

Post by Jamie S. »

Again, Field Mouse, you bring me out of the dark...I love you editor people! :D

So should I leave that problem dead, or maybe look back on it to see what any possible glitches could be? I really don't know what I did wrong, but I know it's entirely possible that I screwed up big time. I do have the SGF saved as a .txt file, so I could play around with it in the editor and see what was wrong. I'd just be worried that I'd tick off some editor if I screw up again. XD

Thanks much, again.

-----------------------
...Windfoxj (Jamie S.)
http://goproblems.com/user/userpublic.php?uid=23321
----------------------

" >_< "

- Gen'an Inseki, 1846

{Posted by Jamie S.}
Field Mouse

Post by Field Mouse »

Add it to the site and I will leave a comment if something will be wrong

~~~(___*>
Field Mouse

{Posted by Field Mouse}
santa c

Post by santa c »

hey fieldmouse! what do you mean? do these two features work no more? or is there a new delete option now? (sounds kinda odd and unlikely.. ^^*)

{Posted by santa c}
Field Mouse

Post by Field Mouse »

They dont work to me

~~~(___*>
Field Mouse

{Posted by Field Mouse}
admin

Post by admin »

whoops, i didn't realize the sandbox was broken. i think i've fixed it now. sorry for the trouble.

adum

{Posted by admin}
Field Mouse

Post by Field Mouse »

Thank you!
Deactivated problems are broken too.

~~~(___*>
Field Mouse

{Posted by Field Mouse}
admin

Post by admin »

fixed now, thanks