The 'See Attempt Paths' shows some wierd things...

santa c

Post by santa c »

Well, there're 2 issues:
1. I suddenlt see, meanningless, numbers, in the paths. (Intead of variations; And only in some cases - Not in every attempt.)
2. A move at a9(on a 9x9 boared) is listed, there as a19 and a9(on a 13x13 boared) is listed as a15. (It's always compared, to the upperside, assuming, it's 19x19s)

(And another note: I know, that a deactivated, problem, is considered, as dead, but is there no way, at least for mods, to completly, remove it? The reason, that i'm asking, is, that I used, a couple of old, and "unsuccessfull" problems (And problems, where I needed to make major modifications, of stones, placement, made me encounter, the same problem), replacing them, with SGFs of completly, new problems - All is fine, since, I can deactivate the non-relevant comments, but I can do nothing, with the completly, ilogical, 'See Attempt Paths' left from the older SGF...
It'd be nice, since, one, can almost reuse, old nums, and it's the only obsticle..
Also, if such afeature, was here, old problems, "renewed" could also, be posted(with their, original num), under, newest additions, and alerts of them, sent by mail, would make them no different from new nums. But, there's an advantage - In space, and probs count - And sucha move would be better, if it was done earlier, to avoid, future, mess, due to space(They don't take much do they?)...)

{Posted by santa c}
Daniel Klingmann

Attempt Path

Post by Daniel Klingmann »

Hello Santa c!

The numbers on the Field are the numbers of the people that try, to put a piece on the field.
That means, when one people set up a piece on a field, the Attempt Path shows a one.
When you click on attempt Path you further can try to play the problem and every move you make the browser will show new Numbers.

I hope that message could help you.

{Posted by Daniel Klingmann}
santa c

Post by santa c »

^^* - i didn't mean it as a q (thanks, though;) - there was a problem with the nums displayed, u c..

which also reminds, me - adum - when the nums become 4 diged, one can often c something abit, messy, no? ^^* wouldn't it be better, if the 3 more significant digs would be displayed? (keeps the proportions, a bit, at least) like 4567 ->456..

{Posted by santa c}
Daniel Klingmann

Digit Error?

Post by Daniel Klingmann »

Hello, It`s me again.

I think, I know what you mean, so I have the same Problem. The field is to small so it can show 3 digits maximum. I`m sure that is a problem. You mean that he shows
/123/
it is shows 123,but he should show 1234 in the Field. That is a Problem that you should mail to the Webmaster.

See ya

{Posted by Daniel Klingmann}