For use with some problems (ignore this post)

tristesse

For use with some problems (ignore this post)

Post by tristesse »

This post is just so that I will have something to link to from the problems I add, and do not have to paste this big blurb into the introduction to each problem.

I am going to add a bunch of problems from a collection of Chinese books called Lee Changho's Selected Life & Death.

I like them a lot and they serve as a nice complement to 1001 Life & Death Problems by Kiseido.

You can find information about them here.

I bought them from Zhen Zhu via eBay, along with some other books, and can recommend him to all others who might be interested in buying these books. :)

Most of them will be "X to kill" problems because I invariably find them more challenging and interesting. I will also rotate and invert colors as I see fit etc. so they're not all "Black to kill" in the lower right corner. :)

Their difficulty level should be well-suited (i.e. solvable, but still interesting) for others who are also shipwrecked in the 10-5 kyu range on KGS.

Oh, and if you are sure you've found an error that Lee Changho missed (or that I misclicked when entering the problem;), leave a comment (on the problem in question) and I'll look into it post haste!

I will also add variations of the type "but what happens if ..." (but people, problems are for reading exercise and study, not for memorization, so only request if you really cannot figure it out on your own!). :)

Later edit: Two problems have been found flawed already! I really hoped the level of proofreading had been higher seeing as this series supposedly goes all the up into the dans. :( Maybe this was not such a hot idea...??

Leter later edit: OK, three flawed problems!! I give up. :( Experiment failed... I had vowed to not quit until I had added at least 150-200 problems (all the to-kill problems I found interesting in books 3/4/5/6), but I guess this won't work since obviously these books haven't been very thoroughly proofread and I was counting on that since I am just KGS 7 kyu! At my level it would take weeks to work out dozens of variations for EVERYTHING by brute force... :(

{Posted by tristesse}