Hikaru No Go mess up

naruto3

Hikaru No Go mess up

Post by naruto3 »

hey its naruto3 :-) and I was reading some of my old Hikaru no Go manga i still have from when it was legal to download and it seems that there is a rather large mess up in it. Go way back to chapter 9 (or game nine for those who want to be smart)and if you read it it appears hikaru has lost to Tetsuo Kaga by half a point but if you look at the picture of the right corner of hikaru's right you see that hikaru can win by playing the 3-1 point if white chooses to ignore black can start a ko fight and win but if white chooses to fight then he fills in his own territory winning hikaru the game. Really hikaru won against Tetsuo a major manga glich. Did anyone else notice this?

{Posted by naruto3}
Alex

Post by Alex »

I haven't read the manga, I watched all episodes tho :) but, i'll try to get my hand on a copy of this manag and check it out :p

{Posted by Alex}
naruto3

Hikaru No Go mess up

Post by naruto3 »

yes please do some people were laughing at me about it on KGS cause they did not believe there was a mistake (seeing as all the hikaru no go games are taken from pro gamesbut then I did a demonstration and showed everyone i was correct I feel sorry for the pro dude who lost that game such a stupid mistake

{Posted by naruto3}
Ossalisc

Post by Ossalisc »

Do you mean at the end of the game? or before?

PS. Why in the episodes is it Game 4/5?

{Posted by Ossalisc}
Hikaru79

Post by Hikaru79 »

Hm. Here's a scan of the page:

[img]http://thegoban.com/HikaGo9-05.jpg[/img]

I don't see what you mean. Perhaps you could take this image, circle the point in photoshop, and post again?

{Posted by Hikaru79}
Emile Wester

no mess up?

Post by Emile Wester »

Hmm, if the top picture (with the 'fell just short....' balloon) is the board position naruto3 is referring to, there are only two possible 1-3 moves. One is just plain in white's territory, winning white the game with 1.5 moku. The other is an atari on four white stones, which white will answer by capturing that stone. Still winning with 0.5 moku.

I think naruto3 didn't count the captured black stone white took when he had to play in his own territory.

{Posted by Emile Wester}
Pac

Post by Pac »

Clay-doh please!

{Posted by Pac}