any place to play one-color go?

santa c

Post by santa c »

anybody knows of a serv i can play one-colored go on? (i'm really desprate here.. ;p)

{Posted by santa c}
Hikaru79

Post by Hikaru79 »

Well, if you really want, you can use PandaNet and replace the .bmp of the black stone with a copy of the .bmp of the white stone ^ ^ Voila. They're all white now!

Of course, your opponent will still see both colors ;) But, hey, you love a challenge right?

{Posted by Hikaru79}
Pac

Post by Pac »

Hey ur God!

I used to play like that with friends... but ill sure do it on Panda.

Tnx

Hey guys, did u know, problem 3087 is damaged!!!!

{Posted by Pac}
santa c

Post by santa c »

hikaru, that's a great idea o_O
i mean who cares if my opponent can see both colors?
(*loves being sandbagger on 9x9s*;P)

{Posted by santa c}
pondera

Post by pondera »

you can also play it on KGS, the good thing is that both you and your opponent will see one color stones.
Just set up a demo game and ask a player to join.
then start writeing the points to eachother and the one who has control will play them on the board with the edit tool.

you can look over the game with 2 colours by looking at the chat window.

{Posted by pondera}
oniony

For real?

Post by oniony »

I assume you guys are playing around. Have you really played like that? You have to remember which stones are your own?

{Posted by oniony}
Bleedo

Post by Bleedo »

[quote]
I assume you guys are playing around. Have you really played like that? You have to remember which stones are your own?
[/quote]

It's easier than it sounds

{Posted by Bleedo}
santa c

Post by santa c »

well it's not that easy once the board gets busy (a rhyme :D), but the key is to remember the shapes and how they correlate. you should try it on a smaller board at first. but be aware - your reading and general skills will take a dive as you'll be spending considerable effort overcoming the new _game_... for a while...

on a slightly different note - have you tried round go? it's incredible how it throws you off... just noticing atari is... =)

{Posted by santa c}
inextremis

cyberoro

Post by inextremis »

During the KGS outage I learned that CyberOro supports one-color Go.

When you create a room/game, click on the "Event Baduk" tab and select one-color go among the options.

{Posted by inextremis}