Copyrights and Problems

santa c

Post by santa c »

recently i took problems, from some other locations, such as senseis - which seems to be k, since, having the problems, actually playable may benefit the readers, there.

i'd like however to ask, is it really k, if i take problems, from such sites like www.dashn.com? i'm not sure, whom to contact there, with this q - therefore, i didn't take any "full of thought" problems, only 2 simple once, from there...

i also, wanted to improt a couple of problems, from some other locations like the "daily problem" and some other sites which post weeklys - i tried contacting the authors - in the 1st case - no such email anymore - the one at the butotm of the page. and the second, didn't get a reply for quite sometime... wouls it be "rude" to use these problems? (linking and everythgin, ofcourse - the problems, is that i don't have the authors allowing me..and it does take quite a bit of work to create nice probs, as we all know...)

{Posted by santa c}
Pac

Post by Pac »

I think copyright is only for income profit business or else youll have to pay 4 1.
(which might be book editing or so, i think Yutopian ppl could give u a straight answer)

Anyway by law Go has no copywright so it might be wrong, but incredibly useful to a bunch of Go lovers to learn a bit. Who cares if its wrong!!!

Hey guys, did u know, problem 3087 is damaged!!!!

{Posted by Pac}
santa c

Post by santa c »

ahh i've mentioned it on the wiki-fication thread but if a certain position isn't copyrightable but a solution to a problem might be, would a wiki like multi-author solution composition improve gps stand?

{Posted by santa c}
godlight

Post by godlight »

Hello.
I would like to know if we are allowed to use go problems from goproblems. If not, who to ask this for? I'd like to study some problems from here in a public group. Thanks for the answer.

{Posted by godlight}
admin

Post by admin »

for people who want to use problems from this site, the basic rule is that it's okay to take a small number, such as under 50, but if you need more than that please send me an email and explain.

cheers,
adum

{Posted by admin}
godlight

Post by godlight »

ok adum, thank you. We will use it for a little then (about 40 will be enough i think) and if we need more, i'll contact you :)

{Posted by godlight}