No name while logged in?

Post by Guest »

If I try to post a message, I get "Error: you forgot to fill in the 'Your Name' field, which is required. Please hit the back button, enter a value, and resubmit."

However, I am logged in, so I don't get the 'Your Name' field. Above the Comment my rank information is shown as usual, but not my name.

{Posted by }
admin

Post by admin »

strange. is anyone else having this problem?

adum

{Posted by admin}

browser problem?

Post by Guest »

Seems to be a browser-related problem: I get it here at work (Netscape 6.2 under Linux), but at home it works correctly (Internet Explorer under Windows XP). The strange thing is that it used to work correctly here too.

{Posted by }
admin

Post by admin »

i'll try to duplicate this on my copy of netscape 6.

adum

{Posted by admin}
santa c

hm..

Post by santa c »

i dunno, if it's related, but -
when i login using opera(7.1), and click on home, i automatically, logout. - otherwise, i stayed, logged, in normally..

{Posted by santa c}
santa c

Post by santa c »

it just happened, to me as well - and in my user page - i had, at the top, where i usually, have my nick, just the '(-)'...

and i was logged, out, from the forum.... i logged, in here... can't post comments, yet, though...

could it be due, to some update? perhaps the cookies, got outdated, and for some reason, weren't replaced, or something, of this nature? i'll try removing, them...

{Posted by santa c}
unkx80

Post by unkx80 »

I had it once too one or two days back. No name, can't login, can't logout too. Can't post or edit problems because I can't login. Resolved by deleting all my cookies and login again. Hope this helps.

{Posted by unkx80}