sgf error

Spica

Post by Spica »

hi,
I was trying to update a problem with some more variations and it give me an an sgf error. When I used exactly the same sgf in the tester on the add new problem page it worked fine though. Is there a different limit on the size or something between the tester applet and the solver applet? I've attached the sgf file which has the extra variations in case anyone wishes to try it out.

confused,

Spica

{Posted by Spica}
Spica

Post by Spica »

[quote]
hi,
I was trying to update a problem with some more variations and it give me an an sgf error. When I used exactly the same sgf in the tester on the add new problem page it worked fine though. Is there a different limit on the size or something between the tester applet and the solver applet? I've attached the sgf file which has the extra variations in case anyone wishes to try it out.

confused,

Spica
[/quote]

after using the script at
http://www.red-bean.com/sgf/sgfc/munch.html
the file was slightly reduced in size (several newlines taken out) and works fine now.

Spica

{Posted by Spica}
admin

Post by admin »

i'm not aware of any size restrictions, either for the database or the applet. but i am shocked you've managed to make a 70k SGF file!

glad it works now, not sure what the problem was... if it becomes an issue again, let me know.

adum

{Posted by admin}
Spica

Post by Spica »

[quote]
i'm not aware of any size restrictions, either for the database or the applet. but i am shocked you've managed to make a 70k SGF file!

glad it works now, not sure what the problem was... if it becomes an issue again, let me know.

adum
[/quote]

Well some of these whole board problems have a lot of reasonable wrong answers and several winning solutions, add in a few comments and ...

I think the issue was more to do with how many lines the sgf took up rather than on the number of bytes.

Spica

{Posted by Spica}