JavaScript bugs

BartTM

JavaScript bugs

Post by BartTM »

As Jaguarondi discovered by playing my problem 15346 in JavaScript mode, multithreading seems to have fallen over.The R18 branch should fall back on the main line.
I added the full path to this branch so it won't break off anymore, but now it refuses to play this branch altogether.
So I wanted to comment about it in the very tiny JS comment box, but it did not submit.
So I tried to copy the text and paste it in a comment in Java mode but even that failed!

If I paste here I get the text I copied first, but I cannot paste it in a Java comment box nor copy the text from there to here...
Seems there are two separate and incompatible copy-paste buffers? Do you use type restrictions on comment boxes, and do these types differ?
In that case, please remove the type restriction on the SGF box in the Graphical Editor mode too; I'd like to edit SGF in another editor sometimes but can't do that now.

Sorry for putting several bugs in one report, but I feel they might be related.
adum
Site Admin

Re: JavaScript bugs

Post by adum »

okay, so there's a few things here.

first, right now the JS mode doesn't do what you call multithreading, with is the isomorphic support. i'm going to handle it soon by expanding the base version on the backend and sending that instead.

for JS comments, i don't know what your problem is. nobody else seems to have a problem with this. if you can reproduce or take a screenshot, please let me know.

for copy and paste to the Java version, Java maintains its own copy and paste buffer probably because it's trying to be secure.
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

oh, i didn't respond to the "but now it refuses to play this branch altogether" comment. can you elaborate on this? can you tell me exact sequence of steps to reproduce this behavior? thanks
BartTM

Post by BartTM »

When I play 15346's correct move P19 in JS mode then the problem will always answer it at P18, no matter how often I hit the <| button.
In Java mode it wil choose between P18 and R18, as intended.

As for the copy/paste problem, I cannot reproduce that, at least not from the comment box to here; that works now. It really did not at first, but now it does, so let's ignore that.

But the comment feature itself does not work in JS mode, at least I still can't use it.
I'll describe:
In JS mode the new comment box opens but is only approx. 20 tokens by 2 lines small.
The comment type selector is just 1 token wide (!) and shows a narrow and very high but empty list.
The submit button just sits there. It graphically responds to being clicked on, but does not close the comment box nor does it submit the comment.

The comment button counter in the problem shows the total number of all comments including the disabled ones. In Java mode it only counts the active comments.
TheBigH

Post by TheBigH »

Is there a workaround for the copy/paste issue? I would like to be able to save the SGF of problems I compose, in case goproblems freezes when I hit submit. That's happened to me twice already, causing me to lose all my work.
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

it seems that Oracle has changed their Java policy on copy and paste for applets. there is a workaround i found:
https://blogs.oracle.com/kyle/entry/cop ... te_in_java
adum
Site Admin

Post by adum »

for problem 15346, i moved the target indicators to the actual branch point. the JS version works like that.