How to make this site more popular?

KTX-CRH

How to make this site more popular?

Post by KTX-CRH »

Recent problems editors are only a bit, what is the best way to make this site more popular? Waiting for people's opinions!
misshape

Re: How to make this site more popular?

Post by misshape »

The site was popular. Then a few design choices made it very difficult to use, which lead to an exodus.

I still come back now and then, but am reminded by the "start at 30k" grind that I am faced. It does encourage a pro subscription, but it also shuts off the best gauge of problem difficulty, which is the success rate of players and their associated strengths. This makes the problems themselves less valuable.

The professional version model was most attractive shortly after launch, when it was a paywall in front of an existing product, but it wasn't quite attractive enough. There's too many junk problems on the site, lots of problems with a small number of paths and a debatably correct answer.

something more straightforward, like gochild, is a more stable training tool
adum
Site Admin

Re: How to make this site more popular?

Post by adum »

i know this is a few years old, but some complaints here are still valid. i'm planning to mostly get rid of needing a pro subscription and save all progress no matter what. i have a bunch of ideas on how to improve problem quality too. if people have other ideas for the site, i'm interested in hearing them.