I edited problem 19941 but it does not show...

BartTM

I edited problem 19941 but it does not show...

Post by BartTM »

Hi Adum,

I edited problem 19941 (I added some paths that were suggested in the comments) but the alterations don't show.
I had this happen previously in other problems also, but after a while the changes do take effect. Apparently network buffering makes the old pages reload.

This time round it keeps showing the old version for days on end. None of my changes took effect.
I can check out the problem versions in the problem history; they work there, although some data like the original author are garbled.

Can you see what's happening there? Is this a buffering issue ore are my changes somehow rejected due to illegal SGF?
(I'm not sure what tool is best to edit SGF. I tried Eidogo's online board but that does not let one remove branches, a.o., and it is quirky in other ways.
I was even contemplating building my own SGF editor. For now I use notepad (!) which actually isn't too bad once you get used to it.

Cheers, Bart
BartTM

Re: I edited problem 19941 but it does not show...

Post by BartTM »

I completely rebuilt the SGF to be sure there was nothing wrong with it, but still it refuses to play that version???
BartTM

Post by BartTM »

17509, same issue. Valid SGF per eidogo.
BartTM

Post by BartTM »

14442. I saw I already 'fixed' it in the past, but that went overboard also!