Thoughts on recent "close" problems?

santa c

Thoughts on recent "close" problems?

Post by santa c »

When I've played some collections on https://blacktoplay.com/, https://tsumego-hero.com/ and ogs problem collections amongst others,
I notices that even in the easy problems there's much more variability than what I saw here after clearing out my solving history and going through some 30% of the problems.

This sort of led to my recent (~50 problems?) addition where I either started form an OGS game or just opened a board and slightly modified the position to get something different repeatedly.
The problems seems sort of close in shape but do sort of require some basic reading for their level (most are elementary). But a bunch of them are basically sub-problems of others.

I thought it should be ok (If people get annoyed and mark them as duplicates I'll start removing or hopefully other mods will) since most people probably don't do them serially by ID and since they end up with varying difficulty levels, so they shouldn't get too tired of them too quickly... Any thoughts?
BartTM

Re: Thoughts on recent "close" problems?

Post by BartTM »

Hi Santa, I like those problems!
Rather than annoying, it is inspiring to see how a small change can alter the problem so much that you really have to check it all over again.
Irregular go

Post by Irregular go »

Bart TM,
You said "copies are not new.".
You seem to agree with copies now.
What is your opinion?
What is your goal?
Once upon a time,
Japan and your country did
trading so you like copies like
Japanese people, right?
Please have your direction.
And it's not for you to tease my copies anymore.
BartTM

Post by BartTM »

Irregular go wrote:Bart TM,
You said "copies are not new.".
You seem to agree with copies now.
What is your opinion?
What is your goal?
Once upon a time,
Japan and your country did
trading so you like copies like
Japanese people, right?
Please have your direction.
And it's not for you to tease my copies anymore.
You don't seem to understand the difference between making a series of problems that are almost similar, but different in a way that requires a different solution, and exact copies where the solution is identical.
I fear I'm wasting my time trying to explain, because you twist my words and intention.

Since you are getting personal I draw the line here. No more warnings. I will take action as I see fit, with restraint and without prejudice, but also without seeking consent from someone who avoids common sense.